DMCA Notice and Takedown Policy and Procedures
This website (“Site”) qualifies as a “Service Provider” within the meaning of 17 U.S.C. § 512(k)(1) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Specifically, the Site functions as an information location tool, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(d), by referring or linking users to content found on third-party websites, not under Our control. Accordingly, it is entitled to certain protections from claims of copyright infringement under the DMCA, commonly referred to as the “safe harbor” provisions. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we anticipate that the websites we index do so, as well. Thus, we observe and comply with the DMCA, and have adopted the following Notice and Takedown Policy relating to claims of copyright infringement by our customers, subscribers or users.
Notice of Claimed Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Our Designated Copyright Agent (identified below) with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site (preferably including specific URLs associated with the material);
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and,
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
You may send your Notice of Claimed Infringement (“Notice”) to:
Further information regarding notification and takedown requirements can be found in the DMCA, here: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/512.
The Site implements the following “notification and takedown” procedure upon receipt of any notification of claimed copyright infringement. The Site reserves the right at any time to disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or based on facts or circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent. As an information location tool service provider, “disabling of access” to material identified in a DMCA Notice shall typically mean that We remove the link to the allegedly infringing content found on a third party’s website, along with any affiliated linking or referential materials. It is the firm policy of the Site to terminate the account of repeat copyright infringers, when appropriate, and the Site will act expeditiously to remove access to all material that infringes on another’s copyright, according to the procedure set forth in 17 U.S.C. §512 of the DMCA. The Site’s DMCA Notice Procedures are set forth in the preceding paragraph.
Abuse Notification: Abusing the DMCA Notice procedures set forth above, or misrepresenting facts in a DMCA Notice or Counter-notification, can result in legal liability for damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees under federal law. See: 17 U.S.C. § 512(f). These Notice and Takedown Procedures only apply to claims of copyright infringement by copyright holders and their agents – not to any other kind of abuse, infringement or legal claim. We will investigate and take action against anyone abusing the DMCA notification or counter-notification procedure. Please ensure that you meet all of the legal qualifications before submitting a DMCA Notice to our Designated Agent.
Modifications to Policy: The Site reserves the right to modify, alter or add to this policy, and all affected persons should regularly check back to stay current on any such changes.
No Waiver: Nothing contained in this Notice and Takedown Policy shall be interpreted or deemed as a waiver of any right or legal protection enjoyed by the Site.